We at the Together Against Counterfeiting (TAC) Alliance (“we”, “us” or “our”) respect your privacy.
For the purpose of this policy, to the extent any of the following entities process your personal information, each will be considered a “data controller” of your personal information:
TAC is an Alliance which brings together over 100 companies from all industrial sectors, with the support of 20 trade associations and NGOs.
PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
This Policy explains our approach to any personal information that we might collect from you using this website (the “Site”) and in other situations or interactions with us, and the purposes for which we process your personal information. This Policy also sets out your rights in respect of our processing of your personal information.
This Policy will inform you of the nature of the personal information about you that is processed by us and how you can request that we delete, update, transfer and/or provide you with access to it or otherwise cease processing it for a specific purpose. This Policy is intended to assist you in making informed decisions when using the Site.
This Policy complies with the standards set by Regulation (EU) 2016/79 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).PR
TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual. Categories of personal information we collect includes:
- Contact information (g. name, physical address, telephone number, email address)
- Information about your interests or affiliations
- Any additional information you submit to us
WAYS OF OBTAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect and receive your personal information using different methods:
Personal information you provide to us. You may give us your personal information directly. This will be the case when, for example, you contact us with enquiries, complete forms on our Site or in hard copy or participate in a survey, subscribe to receive our marketing communications or provide feedback to us otherwise through your interactions with us.
Personal information received from third parties. From time to time, we will receive personal information about you from third parties. Such third parties may include analytics providers, payment providers, hotel and transport providers and third parties that provide technical services to us so that we can operate our Site and provide our services.
Publicly available Personal information. From time to time we may collect personal information about you from publicly available sources or media reports or personal information about you that you or a third party may make publicly available to us (for example through speaking at events or publishing articles or other news stories).
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to:
- Verify your identity
- Carry out requests made by you to us
- Comply with any applicable law, court order, other judicial process, or the requirements of a regulator
- Enforce our agreements with you
- Protect the rights, property or safety of us or third parties, including users of the Site
- Provide support for the provision of our Services, and
- Use as otherwise required or permitted by law
USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THIS SITE
The following describes how we use personal information that we collect through this Site:
- Media and informational inquiries
We may collect information for interviews requests, for media questions, or requests for information about our organisation. We may also provide you with the opportunity to sign up for newsletters or to receive copies of blogs and other information that we make available. Contact information may be requested in each case, together with details of other personal information that is relevant to these inquiries. This information is used in order to enable us to respond to your requests or media requests.
The information you provide to us may be archived or stored periodically by us according to our standard backup processes and our document retention policy.
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests,
- Where you have consented to a certain use of your personal information, or
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
To the extent permitted under applicable laws, we will also process, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal information when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary.
In circumstances where we rely on consent we will ask for your consent at the point of collection. Where we intend to further process your personal information, we may contact you to seek your consent for new purposes.
Where your personal information is completely anonymised, we do not require a legal basis to use it as the personal information will no longer constitute personal information that is regulated under data protection laws. However, our collection and use of such anonymised personal information may be subject to other laws where your consent is required.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We are committed to cooperating with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and comply with the advice given by such authorities with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship.
To safeguard against unauthorised access to personal information by third parties outside our organisation, all electronic personal information held by us is maintained on systems that are protected by up-to-date secure network architectures that contain firewalls and intrusion detection devices. The data saved in servers is “backed up” (i.e. the data are recorded on separate media) to avoid the consequences of any inadvertent erasure, destruction or loss otherwise. The servers are stored in facilities with high security, access protected from unauthorised personnel, fire detection and response systems. The location of these servers is known to a limited number of our employees.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- To see the personal information we hold about you,
- Request your data be corrected or erased where appropriate,
- To restrict the processing of your personal information while we investigate your concern,
- Where processing is based on your consent, to receive your personal information in a commonly used electronic format, or ask that we move your personal information in that format to another provider, where your request relates to the data that you gave us directly and where technically possible, and
- To object to your personal information being processed where we are relying on our or a third party’s legitimate interest to do so or for the purpose of direct marketing,
- To withdraw your consent at any time when processing relies upon consent.
Data subjects have the right to be provided with information as to the nature of the personal information we store or process about them, and to request deletion or amendments. These requests can be made verbally or in writing at our contact information.
If at any time you believe that your personal information has been processed in violation of this Policy, or if you have any inquiries or complaints about the use or limitation of use of your personal information, you may contact us by:
- Sending an e-mail to [email protected]tacalliance.eu; or
- Sending us a letter using the following address:
Rue Breydel 42